The Shure WCM16 is a neckband microphone with a permanently polarised condenser capsule specially designed for artists, lecture speakers and others, which combine the highest transmission quality with maximum freedom of movement when wirelessly using the microphone. Its large transmission range, low RF sensitivity and reliability even under extreme temperature and humidity conditions make the WCM16 ideal for almost any vocal application. Together with the Shure pocket transmitter, it offers qualities that hardly match the best conventional vocal microphones.
Miniaturised active electronics in the capsule provides for the optimisation of the frequency response in the bass range and provides warmth in the sound that larger microphones develop during close-range. Because of this bass adjustment, it is not necessary to position the microphone directly in front of the mouth, popping and breathing noises are avoided even without a windshield.
The hypercardioid characteristic of the microphone provide maximum isolation from ambient noise and nearby sound sources such as musical instruments, speakers and other artists. This allows for higher gain before feedback without signal loss or distortion of the voice.
- Subminiature electret-condenser capsule
- Hypercardioid characteristic
- Extra light, adjustable neckband keeps you secure and are unnoticeable.
- Transmission range is comparable to the best conventional vocal microphones.
- Uniform characteristic at all frequencies for maximum gain before feedback.
- High input clipping level is used to avoid overload distortion.
- Cable with 4-pin miniature connector.
- Foam windscreen included.
- Reliable even in extreme temperature and humidity conditions
- Transmission range: 50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Noise sensitivity: -55 dBV / Pa (1.77 mV)
- Maximum sound pressure (1 kOhm load, 1% distortion factor): 150 dB SPL
- Noise (equivalent sound pressure): 29 dB (A)
- Power supply: 5 V
- Including foam windscreen
- Current consumption: 0.35 mA
- Weight: 36 g